Thursday, July 25, 2013

Jesus Pin and Tattoos




“But the Lord said to Samuel, ‘Don’t judge by his appearance or height, for I have rejected him. The Lord doesn’t see things the way you see them. People judge by outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” I Samuel 16:7 (NLT)  




People judge us and we judge other people. 

It’s part of our nature to try and figure people out and until we’ve had a chance to get to know them, what have we got to go on? Yep…how they look. 


I’ve got tattoos. Not a lot of them…well, not a lot of really visible ones, anyway. At one time, I had a ring in my nose. And pink hair. And dressed like a biker - but I rode motorcycles, so that’s why. 

And you can bet I got judged, a lot. But, if I’m honest, I actually got a kick out of it. It’s just where I was at that time in my life which, for me, was way outside of the will of God.

Fast forward to now. 


After recommitting my life to Christ in 2012, I’m a redeemed woman. Wife of a talented, longsuffering, sensitive man. Mother of two beautiful, creative, Godly girls. 

And the tattoos are still there. But I’ve got a new accessory to go along with them…a blinged out Jesus pin that my mother gave to me on the night of my rebaptism in March of this year. And I haven’t taken it off (much) since. 

And, guess what? I’m still getting judged, a lot. But, if I’m honest, I actually get a kick out of it. It’s just where I am at this time in my life which, for me, is right smack in the middle of God’s will.

You will always be judged by people but God looks at your heart. Tweet this!


Isn’t that refreshing? Breathe in the love, the freedom and the acceptance from God and let His grace flow through you to others - try not to judge them so harshly by the way they look, okay? It’s just where they are at this point in their life.

And I still streak my hair pink every once in a while. And I’d still take a ride on your motorcycle. But I wouldn’t wear that ring in my nose again because piercings just aren’t my thing. But don’t judge me.

“Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. For you will be treated as you treat others. The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged.” Matthew 7:1-2

“God alone, who gave the law, is the Judge. He alone has the power to save or to destroy. So what right do you have to judge your neighbor?” James 4:12

“Create in me a clean heart, O god; Renew a loyal spirit within me.” Psalm 51:10 

No comments:

Post a Comment