Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The {Word} Wednesday, October 2: Strength

The {Word} Wednesday, October 2: Strength

This was Arlethea W. Pressley word for today but she is out sick and asked me to post it for her so it will be an abbreviated and Holy Spirit guided version! {Will you please say a quick prayer of healing for her and send her well wishes of strength and encouragement? Thank you!}

DEFINITION:...

Strength (according to my Bible's definition) is: capacity for exertion or endurance; support; the power of a person or of God, measured variously in terms of wealth, wisdom, military might, or physical prowess.

WHAT DOES GOD'S WORD SAY ABOUT STRENGTH:

"The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving." Psalm 28:7

"And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your should, and all your strength." Deuteronomy 6:5

"God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble." Psalm 46:1

"For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

"So do not be attracted by strange, new ideas. Your strength comes from God's grace, not from rules about food, which don't help those who follow them." Hebrews 13:9

MY TAKE:

The message I'm getting from these few verses (there are so many more) is that God does not intend for us to "muster up" strength to handle our own problems. His intention is for us to seek Him and allow His strength to handle whatever we have in front of us. It's a supernatural thing which probably explains why we are so tired, weary and worn out all the time.

DISCUSSION QUESTIONS:

What things are you trying to muster up the strength to handle today? Do you have any verses that help remind you to go to God for strength?

No comments:

Post a Comment